Contest Official Rules
Participation in the IntelliTec College “Funny Caption Contest” (the “Contest”) is contingent on your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Contest is sponsored by IntelliTec College Corporate Office, 2504 East Pikes Peak Avenue, Suite 305, Colorado Springs, CO 80909 (“Sponsor”).
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
- CONTEST. The contest will be held between October 1-5, 2018, inclusive (the “Contest Period”).
- ENTRY. To enter the Contest, submit a caption for a picture posted on our Facebook page as a comment.
Entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 PM Mountain Time on October 5, 2018. One entry per person during the Contest Period. Entries may not exceed 20 words.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering, you agree to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and to the display of your entry, in whole or in part, in any manner and media. This Contest is hosted by IntelliTec College is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- ELIGIBILITY. Participation in the Contest is open to individuals, 18 years and over, who live in Colorado. Void where prohibited. Proof of eligibility may be required. Employees, officers & directors of IntelliTec College, its Contest advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/ officers/ directors are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be an individual person; group entries are not permitted. Multiple entries from any one individual will invalidate all entries from that individual.
- WINNER SELECTIONS. All entries will be screened for compliance with these Official Rules by Sponsor’s panel of judges. Sponsor’s decisions are final. Two winning entries will be selected for both the Grand Junction and Pueblo campus from among eligible entries received to date on their individual Facebook pages. Entries will be judged based on based on originality, creativity, and appropriateness to theme.
- PRIZE. Each winner will receive a haircut from the IntelliTec College Cosmetology Salon for each month for one year ($72 value). Prize may not be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cash alternative will be offered. No substitutions of prize, except that Sponsor may substitute any portion of a prize with something of equal or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner is forfeited. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- NOTIFICATION. The potential winners will be notified no later than two weeks after the end of the Contest Period. The potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity Release form, within ten (10) days of receipt. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner rejects his/her prize, if potential winner (or parent/legal guardian, if applicable) does not sign and return the requested forms within ten (10) days of receipt, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- CONDITIONS. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to (a) use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, voice, biographical information, entry and/or any statements made by entrant regarding the Contest or Sponsor and (b) copy, edit, use in any medium and manner, in whole or in part, the entry submitted for any purpose without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and the employees, officers and directors of each of them, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with entrant’s participation in this Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use, misuse or non-use of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, terrorism, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or any other events outside of Sponsor’s control. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way will be disqualified.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. No automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest or for any other reason Sponsor deems it necessary. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winners from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
- USE OF DATA. By participating in this Contest, entrant hereby agrees to Sponsor’s collection and usage of entrant’s personal information. By entering the Contest, you agree that Sponsor may send you advertising, promotional, and other informational material. You may opt out of receiving these materials at any time by notification to Sponsor.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your entry, and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the entry. Each entrant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the entry and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the entry submitted by him or her.
- LIST OF WINNERS. The identity of the winners (first name, age and/or state) will be available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List – IntelliTec College “Funny Caption Contest” 2504 East Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, postmarked within sixty days after the end of the Contest Period.