Career Training Kickoff (CTK) is a three-day course designed to assist students in learning the skills they need to be successful throughout their career training. All new and returning students are required to complete the course prior to the start of their program classes.
Over the course of the training, students will experience the following:
- Introduction to the Career Edge curriculum
- Meet campus staff
- Learn educational and personal success strategies presented by each campus department
- Understand campus resources available to enhance the learning experience
- Review basic computer and writing skills
- Understand learning styles and study habits
- Meet classmates and gain the confidence to start class
When is CTK?
CTK occurs the week prior to the start of each term and it typically Monday through Wednesday. Each class session is three hours in length from 9:00am – 12:00pm in the morning or 5:00pm – 8:00pm in the evening based on the students chosen class schedule.
What is Career Edge?
Career Edge is a book and online platform that provides tools and resources to help students succeed in their education, finding a career, and joining the workforce.
Career Edge offers the following:
- Resume Building and ePortfolio
- Mock Job Applications
- Business Plan Creations
- Study Habits and Learning Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Personal Branding
- Job Interview Skills
IntelliTec College is committed to excellent career training. CTK provides resources and information to improve your educational experience and help you succeed not only in school but also in your chosen career.