Get started on your new career today!
[boilerplate 1-caption-insert-before]Every Body Deserves a Massage Week[boilerplate 2-caption-insert-after][boilerplate 3-image-insert-after]Here is the event line-up for the Massage Event at IntelliTec College of Pueblo this week.
Please contact Associate Dean of Faculty Shonna Dent with questions.
Monday – Wednesday
- Massage instructors will provide chair massages, on breaks, to massage students.
Monday – Thursday
- We will offer specials on massage session for the public in the massage clinic.
- Kristina, Cassandra and Shonna Dent will be putting together sample cups of scrub and scented massage cream along with attached massage quotes to hand out to the entire student body.
- We will have 2 contests going on, one for the student body and one for the public. Whoever wants to participate will write a poem or statement of what they think massage means to them or how they would describe the benefits of massage.
- We will read the submissions and give away a Spa package to be redeemed from the massage clinic as a prize. This will be promoted throughout the college as well as handing out fliers to our current massage clients and the clients that visit the Cosmetology clinic.
- We will allow the massage students to bring in a friend or family member, at scheduled times during class (day and night), to give a 5-minute presentation on the benefits of massage and provide a 20-minute chair massage session. We will also have the students handing out information packets about massage to encourage visitors to want a massage and possibly want to BECOME a massage therapist.
- Massage instructors and students will pass out “Benefits of Massage” cards along with $5 off coupons to local businesses. Students are not required to do this, as this would occur after or before class, but are encouraged if they would like to.
- Kristina, Cassandra and Shonna Dent have donated $20 each to purchase “used massage therapy books” from Thriftbooks.com to give as gifts to the massage students. We will have them in a bag and the students will be allowed to randomly choose one book. The title will be a surprise to them and it will be a book that they would not receive in school. This will be really exciting as it will give the students a book on a massage modality or modalities that they may never have thought they would be interested in learning about.