Get started on your new career today!
Personal trainers are in demand right now. In order to succeed in this career field you will need to attend one of the quality personal training schools in your area that can help you prepare for personal training certification and credentialing exams. Hands-on training and certifications for personal training can be earned in less than 2 years.
How to Get Your Personal Training Certification
As a personal trainer, it is essential to be certified in order to begin working with clients or with members of a fitness facility.
Follow these 3 steps to become a certified personal trainer:
- Take classes at a personal training school that can help prepare you to take certification and credentialing exams.
- Log some time alongside an experienced personal trainer until you are deemed ready. Externships provided by personal training schools do count as experience!
- Get certified by one of the top personal training certification organizations such as the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
IntelliTec College’s Personal Trainer program can help get you there in about 15 months and gives you valuable hands-on career training and externship experience. IntelliTec’s personal training program offers preparation for the most coveted NASM certification and credentials in the industry.
Highly Desired NASM Personal Training Certification and Credentials
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer Certification (CPT) – This certification is earned when a person masters the development and modification of exercise programs that will fit any client’s needs safely and effectively.
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist Credential (CES) – This certification can be earned by a person who has gained full knowledge of the specific modalities of movement and how to “assist clients with movement impairments, muscle imbalances and those recovering from injury.” (NASM)
- NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist Credential (FNS) – This certification is earned by those who have gained advanced knowledge of nutrition to be able to provide basic nutritional guidance to clients.
About the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
For the last 15 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has been the “global leader in providing evidence-based certifications and advanced credentials to health and fitness professionals.” (NASM)
Finding a personal training school that features a partnership with NASM would be ideal, right? Well, it exists! IntelliTec College’s Personal Training program prepares each student to sit for 3 NASM personal training examinations.
If you are still reading this article and are motivated to start your new career in personal training, then we have done our job. Find some personal training schools near you with a program that offers both training and preparation to take the top NASM personal training certification and credentialing exams.