Get started on your new career today!
If helping people to get and stay healthy is something you feel passionate about, then why not begin a career as a fitness trainer or personal trainer? The time has never been better to begin your personal trainer career. Job outlook is outstanding and the health and satisfaction benefits are awesome.
Find out what it takes to start your personal trainer career and what qualities you need to meet fitness trainer job description requirements. Also learn just how and why job outlook for this personal trainer career field is so great right now.
- Fitness Trainer Job Description
- Desired Qualities for Fitness Trainers
- Personal Trainer Career Outlook
1 – Fitness Trainer Job Description
Fitness trainers typically lead, instruct and motivate individuals in exercise activities such as cardio and strength training. Their main objective is to assess the physical fitness level of a client and to help them set and reach their desired fitness goals.
Fitness trainers enjoy careers with flexibility, personal interaction and creativity. They do things like:
- Work one-on-one with a client or with two or three clients at a time.
- Work in a gym, their clients’ homes or out of their own homes.
- Design and implement their clients’ workout routines from scratch.
2 – Desired Qualities for Fitness Trainers
If you are interested in a career as a fitness trainer you should have or be able to develop these qualities:
- Be outgoing
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be good at motivating people
- Be sensitive to the needs and abilities of others
- Be in good health and be physically fit
- Have strong sales skills with the personality and motivational skills to attract and retain clients
3 – Personal Trainer Career Outlook
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, “employment of fitness workers is expected to increase 29 percent over the 2008–18 decade.”
- People who are certified in personal training and/or have degrees in fitness-related subjects can have better career opportunities.
- Personal trainers who incorporate new technologies, nutrition and wellness into the services they provide may also be in more demand.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics answers this question:
“Why is now the best time to begin a career in personal training?”
- An increasing number of people are spending time and money on fitness.
- More businesses are recognizing the benefits of health and fitness programs for their employees.
- Aging baby boomers are becoming increasingly concerned with staying healthy and physically fit.
- A reduction in the number of physical education programs in schools, and parents’ growing concern about childhood obesity creates demand for this career field.
A personal trainer career field can offer benefits such as:
- Continuing health and physical well-being
- The freedom to create your own schedule and build your own routines
- The ability to run your own business.
Check out personal training schools like IntelliTec College in Colorado Springs. Click here to request more information on how you can complete your personal trainer career training in less than 2 years!