Yolanda Moore Shares Motivational Tips at Rocky Mountain State Society of American Medical Technologists
IntelliTec College in Colorado Springs Career Services Advisor Yolanda Moore recently spoke to members and invited guests at the Rocky Mountain State Society of American Medical Technologist (AMT) conference held April 11th.
Moore’s eight years of experience working with medical graduates and the medical community, as well as her reputation as an optimistic career advisor, made her a fitting choice as presenter of this part of the conference.
This year’s AMT conference included:
- Medical professionals who addressed coding and billing changes
- Advances in allergy medications
- Diabetes I & II management
- General health issues for Colorado families.
Moore conveys motivational tips and ways to encourage people to think and act positively.
“I try my best to motivate people to remain positive and respond accordingly, no matter the circumstance,” Moore says.
Change, for example can be frightening, particularly when choosing a totally new direction. But when “we understand that taking control and preparing for change is empowering, suddenly that change is not as frightening, particularly if we face it with a positive attitude,” explains Moore.
Moore recommends 4 simple ways to reduce stress.
These tips will help you remain productive, organized, and ultimately confident.
- Plain your day by making and keeping a schedule.
- Create a to do list with the most important task listed first.
- Take time to relax during your lunch hour. This will allow you to rest your mind and regroup for the remainder of the day.
- Keep your work/study area clean and organized. It will help declutter your mind to allow you to complete tasks in a timely manor.
Moore believes life is too short to not find joy in even difficult times.
- “Laughter is the best stress reducer.”
- “Take time in your day to be joyful and try to live by Bobby McFerrin’s song ‘Don’t worry be HAPPY!’”
About IntelliTec College in Colorado Springs
IntelliTec College in Colorado Springs offers hands-on career training in Automotive Technician, Biomedical Equipment Technician, Computer Network Systems Technician, Personal Trainer, Medical Assistant, and Refrigeration & HVAC Technician, with associate degree (occupational) programs. Request more information at www.IntelliTec.edu or call 719-373-1690.