Get started on your new career today!
There’s something intangibly pleasing about making people feel better.
Help others reduce stress in their lives and just plain feel good.One of the greatest benefits of being a massage therapist is knowing that you are helping others heal their bodies and reduce the stress in their lives.
As a massage therapist, the touch of your hands can refresh, rejuvenate and relax clients in a matter of an hour (and even less!). One of the greatest benefits of being a massage therapist is knowing that you are helping others heal their bodies and reduce the stress in their lives. It’s a great feeling knowing that you are giving someone a better quality of life.
7 Reasons Why Massage Therapists Love Their Jobs (Letterman Style!)
Here’s what massage therapists shared as their Top 7 on Sohnen-Moe and Associates blog.
7. The massage “look” – it’s that half-dazed, feeling great in a surprised way look, and leaves clients moving a bit slower.
6. Chronic pain relief – clients report relief from pain as they relax in mind and body during a massage.
5. Massage “miracles” – it may happen only a handful of times in a massage therapist’s career, but it’s the moment when a client says, “After all these years, it doesn’t hurt anymore.”
4. Appreciation – it stands out above all else . And a little goes a long way.
3. Repeat visits – having them come back! It also helps to build that ever-important relationship and a strong rapport.
2. Honest work – massage therapy is one of the purest, most honest and decent ways to make a living because when you put good into the universes it comes back to you.
1. All of the above! – a career in massage therapy provides a great service both physically and mentally. But the real reward is knowing that when the work day is done, a massage therapist knows they’ve made someone feel better that day.
Some people enjoy massage because it often involves caring, comfort, a sense of empowerment and creating deep connections with their massage therapist. It also:
- Relieves stress
- Encourages relaxation
- Helps manage pain
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Relaxes muscles
- Lowers blood pressure
More Benefits of Massage
The mayoclinc.org reports massage is increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations. Studies of the benefits of massage indicate it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. It has also been found to be helpful for:
- Digestive disorder
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuriesSports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Careers in Massage Therapy continue to experience faster than average growth.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a career in massage therapy can expect to see 23 percent growth from 2012 to 2011, much faster than the average for all occupations.
U.S. News and World Report notes, “With more than 80 types of treatments, massage therapists have many different ways to deliver relief.” Massage therapists can specialize in deep-tissue, acupressure, reflexology, orthopedic, sports massage and a number of other areas. They often become experts in several areas, all of which require specific skills and techniques.
Massage therapists can choose from a variety of work environments.
Spas, hospitals, fitness centers, health clinics and even cruise ships hire massage therapists. Further opportunities exist to remain self-employed, where you can set a schedule suited to your needs. Regardless of the working arrangement, massage therapists whose friendly and personable demeanor will continue to attract clients and build their careers.
Take a look at current industry data regarding Massage Therapy Careers
*Industries with the highest published employment of massage therapists are (in numbers):
- Personal care services – 35,500
- Offices of other health practitioners – 23,910
- Traveler accommodations – 7,600
- Other amusement and recreation industries – 3,830
- General medical and surgical hospitals – 860
*SOURCE: Bureau of Labor and Statistics Occupational Employment and Wages, 2013
Today, massage therapy is offered in businesses, clinics, hospitals and even airports as a wellness approach in relieving stress and pain. Let your passion to help others provide a paycheck and deliver the kind of personal reward most people only dream about. Consider a career in massage therapy where you have the ability to help others achieve maximum wellness and feel satisfied knowing you can help people feel better.
About IntelliTec College
About IntelliTec College of Pueblo
IntelliTec College of Pueblo, CO offers hands-on career training in the technical trades, cosmetology, allied healthcare, massage therapy, and personal training fields. These programs award either associate degrees or certificates and are designed to be completed in as little as 18 months or less. IntelliTec provides a supportive learning environment with small classes sizes and caring instructors. Learn how you can improve your life with a meaningful career by requesting information at www.IntelliTec.edu or calling 719-542-3181.
About IntelliTec College in Grand Junction
IntelliTec College in Grand Junction, CO offers hands-on career training in the technical trades, cosmetology, allied healthcare and dental fields. These programs award either associate degrees or certificates and are designed to be completed in as little as 18 months or less. IntelliTec provides a supportive learning environment with small classes sizes and caring instructors. Learn how you can improve your life with a meaningful career by requesting information at www.IntelliTec.edu or calling 970-245-8101.