Get started on your new career today!
A massage is no longer an hour of self-indulgence, but an opportunity to add another technique to your wellness regimen.Massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen
Getting a massage frequently not only feels good, but it’s good for you. This is the beauty of bodywork. Regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year.
And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan.
9 Reasons why EveryBody Deserve a Massage
1. Manage Anxiety and Depression – massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, resulting in lifted spirits and often lower blood pressure. It can also boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which are involved in depression.
2. Ease Pain – the benefits of massage can be about as strong as those reported for other effective treatments such as medications, acupuncture, exercise and yoga.
3. Improve Sleep – I can’t be the only one who’s ever dozed off on a massage table! A number of studies have examined the link between healthy sleep and massage. They foundmassage’s affect on delta waves, the kind of brain waves connected to deep sleep, aided in a night of solid zzz’s.
4. Boost Immunity – a number of small studies have linked massage to better functioning of the immune system. In one 2010 study, researchers found massage increased a person’s disease fighting white blood cells.
5. Tackle PMS – at least one small study found that massage can kick pesky PMS symptoms like bloating and mood swings, to the curb.
6. Raise Alertness – want to boost your brainpower? Adults who were given a 15-minute chair massage in a Touch Research Institute (TRI) were more alert and completed a series of math questions faster and more accurately.
7. Curb Headaches – thanks to a massage, a regular rubdown can reduce a person’s number of migraines according to WebMD
8. Revitalize your face –massage increases blood flow, which plumps up slack skin and encourages toxins to drain from cells. Once the toxins leave there’s room for nutrients. And those nutrients add vitality to dull complexions and can even shine up lackluster hair.
9. Ease Cancer Treatment – massage is particularly helpful for people living with or undergoing treatment for serious illnesses. Various studies have shown that massage can relieve fatigue, pain, anxiety, depression and nausea in cancer patients.
Get in touch with the many benefits of massage and you’ll find the physical and emotional relief you’ve been looking for. Between the dim lights, soothing music and healing touch, you’ll feel relaxed from the inside out.