Get started on your new career today!
Why is it that some people always have that “glass is half full” attitude?You can create a more optimistic attitude with practice…and with the right people to support you on your journey.
Even after experiencing a serious setback, they seem to quickly find a way back to the neutral zone and even rise above it. While you can’t always control what happens to you, you can control how you respond to it.
A common thread among the positively positive is they seek to create an optimistic environment. They purposefully fill their lives with an upbeat outlook to keep motivated and eliminate negative sources.
If staying motivated doesn’t come naturally to you, join the crowd. Most people have to practice for it to become a way of life. But the more you practice, the more you’ll begin to become more motivated to achieve your dreams and goals.
Here are 10 ways to stay motivated through hard times:
1. Take Care of YOU – eat healthier meals, exercise, meditate, and take time to reflect by keeping a journal. Being a little selfish prioritizes you, and who else should be at the top of your own list?
2. Take control over what you can, and stop worrying about what you can’t – refuse to worry about circumstances beyond your control. Don’t allow yourself to become so emotionally entangled that it paralyzes your progress. Things may not always work out perfectly, but the sooner you get over them, the quicker you move on to your next victory.
3. Have an attitude of expectancy – you will get what you expect, so expect something great to happen to you and for you every day and it will. Say aloud each morning to yourself in the mirror, “I expect something good to happen for me today!”
4. Surround yourself with positive people – choose to associate closely with people who value you and want to see you succeed. They are there for you because they believe in your character and support who you are.
5. Read and listen to positive information – if you fill your mind with uplifting and inspiring information, it will keep you motivated. Find at least one book on a positive topic that will give you a boost. You need constant reminders telling you that you are capable of achievement.
6. Learn from your mistakes, instead of repeating them – we all make mistakes; the key is to learn from them and keep on moving. Conduct regular self-evaluations and examine how you handled situations and what you could do differently next time. Write down possible solutions and outcomes so when you are faced with a problem you can properly think through the best way to handle it.
7. Celebrate accomplishments, whether big or small – always take time out to celebrate. Rewards play a huge part in staying motivated. Reward yourself each and every time you reach a goal. Think about something you have recently accomplished and plan a way to celebrate it within the next 10 days. It can be as simple as going out for ice cream. Reward yourself — you are worth it!
8. Build a support team – having the right team in place to help you is crucial to your success. You will be amazed at what you and your team can accomplish when you are all motivated and working toward the same goal.
9. Create your personal “big picture” – having this vision in front of you quickly helps you put things in perspective, especially during challenging times.
10. Rehearse your victories – oftentimes we forget how far we’ve come and the successes we’ve already accomplished. Designate a token of achievement that you can carry with you to remind yourself that you are a winner; a special coin or button or maybe a colored paperclip. Anything that will keep you motivated when you are facing tough life moments.
Think cause and effect here: more positive thoughts = more positive results. Now think Domino Theory: a positive perspective will keep you motivated and help eliminate negative sources right out of your life.