Get started on your new career today!
Love them or hate them, but these little ditties are here to stay.Sometimes your motivation can be as simple as “Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you’ll be walking out the door,” from Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
I remember distinctly when all the motivational posters came out, and the company I worked for proudly framed them and placed them all over the walls. I looked at them with a bit of cynicism; was this just another way of telling us we weren’t working hard enough?
Especially the ones like, “There is no substitute for hard work,” by Thomas Edison. Was there a hidden message in those words? Because most of us felt quite opposite. Vacation, was of course not only a substitute but a preference.
As I’ve gotten older I’ve come to accept them, no, to take them to heart. Not every one of them, but the ones that make me nod. I thought I’d share a few from some recent Twitter posts. If only one gets the nod, then you’ve got your motivation for the day.
Success, Attitude and Perseverance
“Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.”- Walter Elliott. Danielle Scott @DScottArruda
“A negative mind will never give you a positive life.” @DavidRoads
“Quality is not an act, it is a habit.” Aristotle Rasmussen College @Rasmussen
“Don’t tell your problems to people: 80% don’t care; and the other 20% are glad you have them.” -Lou Holtz #quotes
Can’t help but see Motivational Quotes as cliche. I’m a bottom line guy. You want success- work hard/smart, compete, and prove ur good enough! Steve Dagostino @DagsBasketball
“In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.” Loren Ridinger @lorenridinger
“To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.” -Abraham Maslow. @DavidRoads:
“You know its about to get rough when you start seeing exam posters and motivational quotes around campus.” Phenyo Gasebonoe @BICKMACK
Sometimes we need a little positivity to get us through tough times because really,“When the going gets tough, the tough get going,” because “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think,” and because “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.” Now get out there and get ‘er done!