Get started on your new career today!
54% of Americans over 18 years of age and 13.3 billion in Starbuck’s 2012 revenues can’t be wrong.Coffee is more than “good to the last drop.” It’s good for you, too.
Coffee is actually very healthy. In fact, probably healthier than you even know. If you were thinking it was time to take a second look at your morning pick-me-up, take a first look at this list of reasons to continue your daily grind.
10 Reasons to Caffinate Your Day
1. Brain Gains may help reduce risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as Parkinson’s disease.
2. Help Defeat Diabetes with four cups per day or more to lower the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
3. Hearty Benefits for moderate coffee drinkers (1 to 3 cups/day) reflect lower rates of stroke compared to non-coffee-drinkers.
4. Love your liver, because it appears the more coffee people drink, the lower their incidence of cirrhosis, liver cancer, and other liver diseases.
5. Improve Energy Levels and feel less tired. Caffeine increases energy levels and provides that extra kick when you need it most.
6. Get Smarter as you drink coffee and improve various aspects of brain functions such as memory, mood, alertness, reaction times and general reasoning functions.
7. Burn Fat with caffeine…it’s in almost every commercial fat burning supplement and it’s one of the very few natural substances that have actually been proven to aid fat burning.
8. Caffeine Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance; caffeine makes the fat cells break down body fat, releasing them into the blood to be used as fuel. Physical performance reflects an 11-12% improvement on average. Best results? Enjoy a strong cup about 30 minutes before you head to the gym
9. Essential nutrients such as riboflavin, manganese and potassium, magnesium, and niacin are all in a single cup of coffee. Granted, their RDA (recommended daily allowance) percentages range from 2-11 %, but every little bit helps.
10. Live longer given that coffee drinkers contract fewer diseases it makes sense that coffee could help you live longer. Several observational studies actually show that coffee drinkers have a lower risk of death; 20% lower risk of death in men and a 26% lower risk of death in women over a period of 18-24 years.
However you enjoy your morning cup ‘o joe, be sure to keep the dollars in your pocket by brewing at home. There’s really nothing better than taking a few minutes to steady your breathing and focus your mind before a busy day ahead. Then you benefit twice over – gold in your cup and coin in the bank.