Get started on your new career today!
Press Release – For Immediate Release
Colorado Springs, Colorado – Licensed Mechanic IV contractors in El Paso County can now get their required continuing education training at IntelliTec College. The course – Enhanced Carbon Monoxide and Combustion Safety – provides current Mechanic IVs with their training requirements for two years and teaches them valuable carbon monoxide safety skills. The course is also available for HVAC/R professionals, however, grant reimbursement is only available to active Mechanic IVs.
The Enhanced Carbon Monoxide and Combustion Safety course is part of the Mechanic IV Enhancement Training and Continuing Adult Education Program series – which serves as a way to train licensed mechanical contractors in Colorado. The training series is funded by grant assistance from the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD).
The Training Director of the Pikes Peak Mechanical Contractors Association (PPMCA), Don Piano, says, “This is the first ever offering of its kind and a first ever adult education class offered by the PPMCA, IntelliTec College and Regional Building Department.” It is also “the first and only to be approved for a special two year renewal upon successful completion.”
Bob Dwyer of the Carbon Monoxide Safety Association (COSA) adds, “IntelliTec College (and its Refrigeration and AC-HVAC career training program) has been instrumental in developing local carbon monoxide safety programs for COSA as part of their student curriculum since 2007 and has helped trigger improved programs in other training locations across the state of Colorado.”
Piano, Dwyer and IntelliTec’s own Chuck Fonda have teamed up to provide instruction for the course. Details of the course are:
- The course is designed for current active Mechanic IVs, but anyone can take the class.
- There is a $450 fee for this class. Current Mechanic IVs can receive a refund for their tuition fees through the PPRBD grant upon completion of the course.
- 10 to 12 students will be allowed in each class.
- There are 30 spaces left for the remaining sessions, and there is still limited space available for the next April 25th/26th offering. Registration will close on April 16th.
- The training will combine in-depth classroom learning with live, real-world lab experience.
- Technicians will learn carbon monoxide safety, diagnosis and prevention, as well as receive a $400 retail value ToxiRae III Personal Carbon Monoxide Monitor.
- Students will earn a certificate of course completion issued by the PPMCA and a certificate of course completion from IntelliTec College and COSA for continuing adult education.
- For more information, or to register for this class, contact Jade Robinson with the PPMCA at 719-633-3046.
The first three class have already been completed and included past graduates of IntelliTec College, who are already active Mechanic IV License holders in El Paso County. This class provides each Mechanic IV contractor with the required six hours of approved training for the year in order to renew their license.
The Refrigeration and AC-HVAC program at IntelliTec College offers hands-on training, in a real-world environment for entry-level employment as a HVAC/R technician. Students work in small classes with personalized instruction to develop strong and specialized skills. They prepare to sit for up to five industry exams, receive comprehensive HVAC/R tools and earn an Associate of Occupational Studies Degree. This program can be completed in as little as 18 months.
IntelliTec College is located at 2315 E Pikes Peak Ave in Colorado Springs. It offers hands-on career training for automotive, HVAC, computer, biomedical equipment tech, medical and personal training with associate degree (occupational) programs. Request information about career training programs at www.IntelliTec.edu or call 719-632-7626.
Chuck Fonda – HVAC/R Project Manager
IntelliTec College in Colorado Springs
Pikes Peak Mechanical Contractors Association
Carbon Monoxide Safety Association