Learn Hands-on HVAC-R Skills at Our Career-Focused Training Schools in Colorado Springs and Grand Junction
If you have a knack for fixing things, love working with people and consider yourself detail-oriented and reliable, then start school today in our Refrigeration & HVAC Technician training program.
Can you imagine a building maintaining comfortable temperatures without some sort of heating and cooling system? Heating, ventilation, air-conditioning & refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems make this possible. With proper maintenance, a system can last on average about 10-15 years.
And that’s where your professional skills and training come in handy. The need for routine repairs creates an ongoing market for the technicians who service them. Job prospects for HVAC-R technicians continue to grow much faster than the average occupation.
Our Refrigeration & HVAC Technician program is offered in:
Scroll down for more…
Associate of Occupational Studies
Program Length Is:
Next Classes Start:
Skills and Training
Our Refrigeration & HVAC Technician degree program prepares you to work for employers looking for qualified and dependable technicians. During the program you can expect to:
- Train hands-on for entry-level employment as an HVAC-R repair technician – with a strong focus on refrigeration.
- Develop strong computer skills on our newer, smarter HVAC-R systems and simulated training equipment.
- Receive a comprehensive HVAC-R tool kit with top brand, quality tools designed to last.
- Practice your specialized skills in small classes with personalized instruction.
- Prepare to sit for industry certifications.
There are thriving growth opportunities in the HVAC-R industry. Here are just a few of the jobs available to you once you complete your training:
- Refrigeration Technician
- HVAC Service Technician
- HVAC Control Technician
- Air Pressure Technician
- HVAC Mechanic & Installer
- Refrigeration Mechanic & Installer
- Heating Equipment Technician
- Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Facility Maintenance Technician
- Environmental Maintenance Technician